Job Title: Controller
Job Location: Greater Atlanta Area
Job Category: Accounting
The Controller will be responsible for oversight and leadership of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities. The Controller will also be involved in supporting presentations to the board, finance and audit committees and will work closely with the senior leadership team. Also, provides hands-on leadership and management in the areas of accounting and financial reporting and directing the company’s accounting policies, budgetary process, periodic forecasting and job costing process. The position is also responsible for accounting functions such as accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost accounting, internal financial reporting and general ledger. This position reports to the Executive Director and has one direct report.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise bookkeeper(s)
· Manage the accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration
· Establishes, or recommends to management, major economic strategies, objectives, and financial policies for the organization.
· Recommends modifications to existing programs.
· Completes account and bank reconciliations.
· Prepare financial documents such as forecasts, statements, and business reports that present the financial state of the organization.
· Prepares reports which summarize and forecast the organization’s business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
· Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
· Ensure that the organization has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and internal controls.
· Arranges for and manages audits of the organization's accounts.
· Work closely with program leaders to ensure effective program management
· Coordinate with program leaders to ensure efficient receipt and handling of donations and sponsors.
· Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Establishes and manages relations with banks and other financial institutions.
· Assist management with important financial decisions.
· Supervise employees who perform accounting functions.
· Assists with the implementation and adherence to policies and procedures.
· Key point of contact for audits and external consultants.
· Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
· Team player motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· At least five years’ experience managing accounting functions
· Experience working with non-profit organizations, federal awards, and grant management
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
To apply, please contact email@example.com